Sholayar Dam is over flowing for over 20 days now. Its one of two dams in TN to overflow. Another one is Pillur. Parambikulam to overflow in next two weeks by receiving the excess from Sholayar. Which will cause Aliyar to over flow. Things look so bright for Coimbatore.
These are the top 10 rainfall places in Tamil Nadu for last 50 days. Sholayar Dam (Upper Sholayar) crossed 2500 mm mark today and leads ahead of wettest place in Tamil Nadu which is Chinna Kallar.
- Upper Sholayar, Coimbatore district -2557
- Valparai, Coimbatore district - 2195
- Avalanche, Nilgris district - 2043
- Chinna Kallar, Coimbatore district -2010
- Devala, Nilgris district -1950
- Upper Bhavani, Nilgris district - 1809
- Parsons Valley, Nilgris district -1800
- Porthimund, Nilgris district -1229
- Upper Kodayar, Tirunelveli district - 1000
- Naduvattam, Nilgris district -1000